Lead The Coca-Cola Company and the Coca-Cola System’s implementation of long-term sustainability goals (Water, World Without Waste, Climate, Agriculture, Sugar Reduction and Human Rights) across ALL OU markets. In particular, this role leads (directly or through the PACS Franchise/Operations Leads) engagement with all non-government stakeholders, including (both convergent & divergent) customers, suppliers, communities, academics, NGOs, etcetera to build the company’s reputation as a responsible business partner focused on sustainable growth.
Working as part of the networked team coordinating across PACS, Technical (SRA & QSE), Finance, Marketing and OU Sustainability Operations Lead where relevant, this individual will build relationships/partnerships that support sustainable business growth, including our sustainability goals.
Some examples include:
- TAX: manage reputation with NGOs and other stakeholders focused on driving economic development & global corporate tax policy, in coordination with the Policy & Government Relations Director.
- ENVIRONMENT: build and implement partnerships that enable Company to scale its impact on Water, WWW, Agriculture, Community health & Climate resilience.
- SOCIAL: develop partnerships that empower women and vulnerable communities, including responding to specific local market needs.
Manages the Coca-Cola Foundation allocations to appropriate partners.
KeY SUCCESS PARAMETERS
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred; 10 years’ experience in public affairs in public, private or NGO sector; some subject-matter expert knowledge of at least one sustainability issue (water, climate, packaging, agriculture, human rights); Working understanding across multi-cultural, matrixed organization; Developed stakeholder network; Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions.
Ability to build constructive relationships with both convergent and divergent stakeholders representing company positions while building partnerships that enable the company to scale its impact and achieve its sustainability goals.
- Lead communicator with BOTH convergent & divergent stakeholders (NGOs, investors, communities, academics);
- Internal communicator to build consensus, ensure alignment and buy-in from key stakeholders;
- OU spokesperson on the company’s sustainability goals and progress;
- Stakeholder mapping to determine most influential and effective partners, including managing local chapters of global partnerships.