GRI released GRI 306: Waste 2020 on the 19th of May. This updates, expands, and replaces GRI 306: Effluents and Waste 2016. The new Waste Standard fundamentally challenges the perception of waste, from an unwanted residue to a valuable resource. For organizations to manage risks and unlock circular opportunities, businesses need standardized metrics and a level playing field to measure, understand, and manage their waste impacts.
The Waste Standard helps organizations understand which decisions and business practices lead to waste generation, where in their value chain waste impacts occur, and how they can be turned into an opportunity. This, in turn, will support organizations to be more resilient to system shocks, ensure business continuity, and respond to rising consumer awareness.
Date And Time
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CEST
The webinar will cover:
- The importance of circularity in building a more resilient business
- The role of waste reporting in enabling a circular economy transition
- Key features of the Cirulytics reporting tool developed by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the CTI reporting tool developed by WBCSD, and how reporters can use these tools together with GRI 306: Waste 2020
Expert contributions will be provided by:
- Jarkko Havas, Lead of Data and Metrics – The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Carolien van Brunschot, Manager Circular Economy – WBCSD
- Anna Krotova, Manager Standards Division – GRI
Fees: € 49 (based outside European Union/ based in EU*)
For any questions about the webinar please contact Rumyana Taneva at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Waste Standard.