There are many reasons why an organization should take a strategic approach to improving its environmental performance which can be a soft landing towards sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability. This is a route to corporate sustainability from the environmental standpoint.
Users of the ISO 14001:2015 standard have reported that it helps organizations to :
• Demonstrate prompt compliance with current and future
statutory and regulatory requirements
• Increase leadership involvement and engagement
of employees and interested parties
• Improve corporate reputation and the confidence
of stakeholders through strategic communication
• Attain strategic business goals and achieve seamless incorporation of
environmental issues into business management
• Provide a competitive and financial advantage
through improved efficiency and reduced costs
• Encourage better environmental performance
of suppliers and supply chain by integrating them into the
organization’s business systems
SOURCE & Photo Credit: iso.org
Stay on with us as we share MORE on Sustainability, Sustainable Development, Sustainable development Goals and Solutions that can be easily implemented towards a future we want.